Saturday 20 December 2008

Another Christmas



So once again Christmas has crept un on us - way too fast and completely unexpected. This year however Christmas does not feel like Christmas at all.
The Kids are being... well kids I suppose...
Puberty has taken a strong footing in this household and it it is driving me crazy, fast rather than slowly... Probably as much as it is driving them nuts.

I can't remember the last time I saw the floor in their room, I stopped ironing their cloths, it seems like eons ago (not that I ever liked to iron in the first place), I have to say everything like a gazillion times and I stopped expecting a truthful and straightforward answer for anything...

My body is failing me on a regular basis, the pain gets worse and there is something new adding to it with a frightening regularity.
I am supposed to go to a Christmas concert tomorrow evening and I have not had that little enthusiasm about anything in a long time.

Money is so tight that there will be no presents this year, maybe something small...

Christmas, never had it this little appeal to me. I have not even decorated my house this year apart from a few little bits on my dining room table, have no tree yet and am very close to canceling our yearly get-together on Monday evening.

What is it this year?

The Depression?
The general disregard for the spirit of Christmas?

Why is it all so sad this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs:it's not you or what you do or don't do regarding the children it's them believe me!
As for untidy rooms I must send you pictures to make you feel better.
Kimberley