Wednesday 9 January 2008

2008... Oh great...

Well, the new year is of to a rough start...
I had a big argument with my friend that was over at New Years, over nothing, really.
Simon had to go back to England on the fifth and somehow parting gets more and more difficult each time.
I am ill, again. But guess what... It is something different this time...
The kids and I have doctors appointments "en masse" next week.
My Dad's dog died.
The money situation is still crap!



And:
My life has just gotten a lot more complicated (as if it wasn't enough already...)

Out of the blue I got an email from my former sister-in-law saying that they have been looking for us for the past seven years and that they want to get in touch again (and stay in touch). Heck I now even know where my ex husband is...
Now all of a sudden, we have Nanny and Papa and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins and most important of all a half brother, that want to have contact with the girls and me. I think it is great!!!
What I am not so sure about is their father.
Of course it is their right to get to know their father, it's just that I know him and from what I heard so far, he hasn't changed much...
I told him to write a letter to his daughters explaining why he has not bothered to get in contact in ten years.
To be perfectly honest, I am not looking forward to having to have conversations with him in the slightest.
At least the girls can go into this without prejudice as I have never said one ill word about him.
My eldest doesn't want to have any contact though, as she says, that he has not cared for the past 10 years, so why should she?
And the little ones first thought was: "What is Daddy going to think?" (Daddy being Simon) She was really worried, that her wanting to get to know her birth father (what she calls him) would hurt Simons feelings which of course both he (Simon) and I assured her would not be the case.
Oh, this is getting way too confusing...

2 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

Wow, sounds like a difficult situations with the ex popping up and the inlaws. Good luck with that. Simon sounds like a great guy.

Anonymous said...

I hope all works out for the best. About a year and a half ago I got in contact with my biological father, of whom I hadn't seen or talked to for 8 or 9 years. It's interesting... and I'm wondering why I care to talk to him... but I do, and it just tears and tears at my heart.

Simon certainly sounds wonderful. I'm glad to know that the lines of communication are quite open between you and your daughters. I am very happy to hear that.

I wish you all the best with this :)