Friday 28 December 2007

13... parte labing-apat (#14)


In case you are wondering, yes, it is one of my cats sleeping under the tree!

And also, I know my tree is not the prettiest one going but there is a reason to it:

Every year we (in the general sense) go out, looking for the perfect tree. It has to be just right, even, not too thin but not too full, straight and with no holes. It has to be just like we have seen it in pictures...
Why? Why can't our trees be just as faulty as every single one of us?
God does not ask us to be perfect...
He accepts us just the way we are. And just think of all the Christmas trees, we have quickly discarded when searching. Maybe one of them, even with a missing branch here or a bit of a lopsidedness there would have made just the tree our heart was looking for?
Why does everything always have to be perfect...?

We now make it a point to get a tree, that has a fault and make it look the most beautiful tree by pouring our hearts into decorating it.

Thirteen Ornaments hanging on out tree:

1 ….


We bought those 3 years ago because I like how they look like Gingerbread!

2 ….


Acquired by my younger one on the "Christkindl Markt" in Nürnberg

3 ….


My younger ones first Christmas

4 ….


Also my younger ones first Christmas

5 ….


My younger ones third Christmas

6 ….


My Dad gave me those two :-)

7 ….


My eldest first Christmas

8 ….


Also my eldest first Christmas

9 ….


My younger ones second Christmas

10….


Acquired by my elder daughter on the "Christkindl Markt" in Nürnberg

11….


Given to me by my godmother along with a few others. They are handcrafted from straw
12….


Given to my by a very dear friend a long time ago.
13….


A silver wire star I made this year!

There are of course lots more, but as it is Thursday Thirteen....







Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


5 comments:

Mitchypoo said...

#13 is my favorite, just beautiful! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I like #13! Wow! You are so creative :)
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I love what you said about "having to find the perfect tree". That analogy and thought is wonderful.

Thank you for making me smile =]

I hope your holidays are/were marvelous, and that 2008 will be a year to remember.

Anonymous said...

#6 is my favorite :)

Jill said...

I am going gaga during Christmas time because I love Christmas Tree ornaments!! And I love it when there is a story or someone that a special ornement makes you think about!!
So I love this TT!