Thursday 10 May 2007

To pee or not to pee... so what is equation...?



I am sitting here, with an hour to go before I have to get up and I am at my computer...
How pathetic!
The cat (Gaya) peed on my bed... TWICE. Why? I have absolutely no idea. Actually, that is not true, I have some idea. She either
a) does not like the new cat litter
or
b) is pissed off because I wont let her out
but considering, that she has not been "done" yet, I really don't think it would be such a good idea...
Kittens are the last thing I am going to need...
Although they are so cute and cuddly... and then they turn into "on my bed peeing" monsters!!!
Grrrrr....
Oh, I am considering giving the Open University another go. There is a course that starts in October, that I would like to take and I have already talked to a friend (no, not the unreliable one) if she would be my "kick in the bum" person.
A "kick in the bum" person is the one, that gets my a.. in gear when I don't want to. Sort of my very own "animator". She will make sure, that my assignments are handed in on time and that I study and all these sorts of things, which is something she is really good at.
She says, that it also has the added bonus (for her) that she will learn something along the way and actually have a chance when her kids get around to talking about those subjects at school (at a much more diluted level of course).
My oldest and I went shopping yesterday while my youngest was at football practice (she has another game on Friday!). Fist we picked up a new desk for me (because she broke my old one by standing on it...) and then we went grocery shopping. The whole time we were in the shop, we kept talking about her maths homework (I spoke to her in English and she talked back in German which is something that just sort of happens when we are out and about as I have to tell them off on a regular basis because they don't stop pestering me for things they can't have and I rather "reprimand" them in a language people don't usually understand. That way they (my kids) know that what they are doing is not OK (though perfectly normal I know but don't have to feel embarrassed about)
So we were walking though the supermarket and I started to realize, that this woman was following us, so I stopped and asked if I could help her.
She said that she was fascinated by the rapport going on between me and my daughter and also, that she was really interested in how I was explaining the maths questions to her.
Like me, my oldest is a bit on the slow side, when it comes to math problems that are put in a question form.
Give me an equation and I am fine but the questions... (It is a sort of maths dyslexia.)
So I had developed a way to look at these things, that work for me and I am currently passing that on to my daughter.
Turns out, the woman was an American, living in Germany and she has a daughter with learning disabilities. So we swapped numbers.
So Football on Friday, finally! This is the third game this season and the first one my youngest is playing in. I do sometimes think whether or not she might have pulled the shorter straw, being the only girl in the team... But hey, she is in Fridays game and I will be at the sidelines, screaming my head of cheering her on! Oh and NO, I am not one of those horrible parents, that tell their kids to "go ahead and foul this kid" or yell at the referee...
I just seriously embarrass her by being the loudest... :-)
What? Hey, it's payback!!!
OK, my oldest is up and I have to get dressed and re-park my car to where it is actually supposed to be, because I had to get the desk out last night and parked on the spot that is reserved for next doors bakery.

Yes, I do have a bakery next door and they make delicious fresh rolls and bread and pastries fresh every day... :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow J. you covered a lot of ground with that post..Hope the football, (soccer right?) goes well, stop standing on your desk, give me the secrets to word problems and what are you going to do about the Mattress?? Cat pee is hard to get rid of!!

Unknown said...

Cats are evil.

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I have a male cat and he "sprayed" my bed twice. Needless to say, I had him "done." Good luck getting that smell out...hideous!