Monday 14 May 2007

How am I? Really?



Someone sent me an email today asking me
"How are you? I mean, how are you really?"
It made me think...
How am I, really?

I am struggling with my illness, it is playing havoc with my body.
There is something new wrong about every five minutes. At least it feels like that.
The only drugs that help me with the pain are so strong that I feel all "mushy" and "out of it" when I take them. So I don't take them unless I really can't stand it anymore.
The pain on the other hand makes me aggressive, short tempered and I am always tired.
I don't sleep well and of course, it feels like on big "merry go round" without the merry!

My kids are doing their job and driving me crazy.
They argue... Boy, do they argue!
Watching them sometimes makes you forget they are little girls. When you sort of glance at them out of the corner of your eye while they are going at it you get the impression there are two little Banshees screaming their heads of and tearing each others hair out...
And by the sound of their waling at times, it really does sound like one or the other is about to die...
I do love them dearly!
My work or rather non work situation really frustrates me. Every time I seem to get on my feet with it, my health or something else thwarts my plans.

I need money!
I need work!
I need a break!
I need Simon!
I need a secretary to sort all my paperwork.
I need a nice person that comes along and says "Oh, you want to properly furnish your school? Here is the money and the workers and do you need anything else?"!
I need this stupid illness to magically disappear!
I want my friends right here with me and not halfway across the world!
I need one day, just one day without pain!

So how am I? Well, you figure it out...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply put, you are strength.

I know there's nothing I can say that will make things easier, but I do hope things ease off soon and that you find at least a moment of peace and solitude to yourself.

Anonymous said...

its never fun to feel out of it when your on meds. i hope you feel better soon!

tomshideaway said...

Thinking of you Jeannine, albiet half way round the world!! I just re-read your first post! quote, "this is the very big and very important BUT in my life, I am NOT going to let IT get me down!!! (-:

Jeannine said...

Katelyn: Thank you! Inspiring as ever!

Jenny: I appreciate it. Thank you!

Tom: Thank you for reminding me!

Danielle said...

Your blog has been given a review on my blog as part of my new Sunday Reviews, along with a link to your blog. :-)