Friday 30 November 2007

"Nothing" or "How to make mouse ears?"

So I had no idea how to start this post or what picture to use so I googled "nothing".
This is what I found and I think it is quite profound for "nothing"




My eldest is on her way to recovery and we have her best friend is her for the weekend as her mother is away.

I found out, that her best friend played truant a few times in the last few weeks.
Her mum leaves for work shortly before best friend (bf in any later mention) leaves for school and today, she decided that she wasn't going to school as she felt a bit ill...
Thing is, the only reason I found out was because my younger one picked her up from home as of course she was supposed to come to my house after school.
For my youngest, however school was out 45 minutes earlier than my eldest (who is in the same class as bf but stayed home as she was still not feeling too great this morning).
Therefore bf was here to early. When I questioned her, she admitted that she had stayed home today and initially said, that her mum knew...
I however had spoken to her mother earlier and she had said that she had told bf to come here straight after school.
So first of all I told my daughters off for covering for her (not this time but the times previous) although I am not sure they actually knew that bf's mother did NOT know and then I had a long talk with bf and I told her that I was not going to tell her mother but she needed to! And I also told her to ask her mother to tell me that she told her.
She did not look happy but agreed.

I am not sure why she did it.
Bf spends most days and quite some nights at my house, because her mum is a single, full time working mum. It does not bother me as my kids get along a lot better with each other when she is here.
However I am worried about her behavior.
I think I am going to have a chat with her mother when she talks to me about bf's truancy.




I have to come up with a way of making mouse ears and mouse tails for my girls until Monday!
They are in a play and my younger one is a stuck up, little, white mouse that wears a fancy dress and has white and pink ears and a sleek white tail.
My older one is Daddy mouse who has to wear a suit and tie and has grey and pink ears and I am not sure what colour her/his tail is supposed to be...
Why on earth they couldn't do their costumes in school (like they did last year) I don't know.
Well they sprung this on me and now I have to make it possible like any super-mum can...


Tomorrow we will get our Christmas decorations out and put them up, bake some cookies and in the evening some friends are coming round to make stars with silver wire and small glass beads. They are really quite pretty!


Here is the beginning of one and an article that was in the paper about my mum giving courses on how to make them. (In German just in case you are wondering why you can't read it... lol)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it just is good to have a mum who will bring white and grey material so that the ears and tails for the mice can be made! Right?!
But that is what mothers and grandmothers are for.

Unknown said...

It is tough being a mom to teens! I recently had the police show up at my home on a Sunday looking for my daughter's bf who was supposed to have spent a night at my home on Fri. Nobody had seen her since school Fri, and I was supposed to have been the one in charge. It was the first I had heard of a sleepover! It turns out she told her mom she was staying with me, when she actually went to her boyfriends. My daughter was angry and did not help cover for her, but I did not appreciate the police. The mother should have confirmed the sleepover in advance!!

panasonic massage chairs

Norma said...

My children are probably about your age, but here's something I remember about parenting: the bad apple spoils the bunch, the good apples do nothing for the bad.